Chocolate-Glazed Honey Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 38 m servings 409 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 8x3-inch loaf pans)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x3-inch loaf pans.
- Mix 4 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, honey, eggs, oil, coffee, jam, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and baking soda together in a bowl until smooth; spread evenly into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove cake from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa powder, water, and 1 teaspoon flour together, stirring constantly, in a saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth and thick, about 8 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and add margarine and brandy; whisk until glaze is thickened. Refrigerate glaze until cooled, at least 15 minutes.
- Spread glaze over cooled cakes.
- Cook's Note:
- Tea can be used in place of coffee.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 409 calories; 13.9 g fat; 68.5 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 164 mg sodium. Full nutrition