Aunt Gun-Marie's Waffles
Ingredients40 m servings 288 cals
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Stir egg yolks and vanilla extract into flour mixture. Mix milk, alternating with butter in 3 to 4 additions, into flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds. Gently fold egg whites into batter; let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon batter into the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Cook's Note:
- I used aluminum-free baking powder.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 15.1 g fat; 31.1 g carbohydrates; 7.1 g protein; 98 mg cholesterol; 396 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
My family gobbled these up very quickly, these are the best waffles I've served them so far (I make them often). I'm sticking with this recipe! Thank you for sharing it!! By the way, I did alter...
02-20-16 ~ My son was home from TN and wanted homemade waffles for breakfast. I didn't have whole milk, but I did have buttermilk and 1% - so I used a combination of those to make 1 1/4 cups. ...
Excellent, used coconut oil vs butter, skim milk vs whole, due to dietary reasons. This recipe was one of the best tasting & light waffles we have had. Served it to our guests and we all agre...
delicious. Light, fluffy and flavorful. I followed the recipe except for letting the batter sit, I can't imagine that it would be that much better if I had.
Made it just the way it was written up. My husband thought it had too much vanilla but was generally pleased with the results. I thought it was great just the way it was. Thank you.
Made these per the recipe and they were perfect! My family loved them. Definitely a keeper!
Made this recipe a few times now. A bit time consuming, but worth every minute. Do not skip the step of letting the mixed batter sit 10-15 minutes. I have cut back on the butter and they are sti...