Turkish Chicken Kebabs
Ingredients2 h 27 m servings 539 cals
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Place chicken thigh halves into the yogurt marinade and coat them thoroughly on all sides. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Using 2 skewers for each kebab, thread half of the chicken thighs onto each pair of skewers making a fairly thick "log" shape.
- Place kebabs on grill. Do not try to turn them until they begin to unstick from the grill, 3 or 4 minutes. Turn kebabs and grill the other side 3 or 4 minutes; turn. Continue cooking and turning until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 539 calories; 32.5 g fat; 8.4 g carbohydrates; 51.8 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 1722 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 32
This was truly delicious and savory. I skipped the cinnamon, however, I think that changes the taste a bit. I also made it with chicken breast which one would think would be dry, but still turne...
I made this exactly as the recipe is written and it is fabulous. It has become a weekly summer staple in our house.
Outstanding recipe! I wouldn't change a thing. Great with a good tzatziki sauce.
This was so freaking good. Words can not do it justice. I didn't have any Aleppo pepper, so I used a mix of ancho chile and cayenne.
Doubled the lemon juice, cinnamon, and paprika. Tripled the red pepper flakes. Marinated for 6 hours. AMAZE-balls
Generally, Turkish recipes that involve yogurt as an ingredient utilize the yogurt as a dip or uncooked sauce. This recipe could be served with the marinade being a dip instead which would eli...
My picky 8 and 10 yr olds LOVED THIS CHICKEN!! I only had Chobani Black Cherry Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt, so I just scraped most of the top off, and used 2 containers - it was delicious! I us...
Made this last night.... Wow!!! Amazing flavor! I'm definitely not the grillmaster in our house - I leave the grilling to the hubs - and had problems getting the meat cooked evenly on the skewer...