Turkish Chicken Kebabs
Ingredients2 h 27 m servings 539
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Place chicken thigh halves into the yogurt marinade and coat them thoroughly on all sides. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Using 2 skewers for each kebab, thread half of the chicken thighs onto each pair of skewers making a fairly thick "log" shape.
- Place kebabs on grill. Do not try to turn them until they begin to unstick from the grill, 3 or 4 minutes. Turn kebabs and grill the other side 3 or 4 minutes; turn. Continue cooking and turning until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 539 calories; 32.5 8.4 51.8 186 1722 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 48
This was truly delicious and savory. I skipped the cinnamon, however, I think that changes the taste a bit. I also made it with chicken breast which one would think would be dry, but still turne...
Outstanding recipe! I wouldn't change a thing. Great with a good tzatziki sauce.
I made this exactly as the recipe is written and it is fabulous. It has become a weekly summer staple in our house.
Generally, Turkish recipes that involve yogurt as an ingredient utilize the yogurt as a dip or uncooked sauce. This recipe could be served with the marinade being a dip instead which would eli...
This was so freaking good. Words can not do it justice. I didn't have any Aleppo pepper, so I used a mix of ancho chile and cayenne.
Again, my family laughed at my "yogurt chicken" then they asked for the recipe and every time we have a get together they ask me to make it. I add a lot extra lemon juice because I prefer it tan...
Doubled the lemon juice, cinnamon, and paprika. Tripled the red pepper flakes. Marinated for 6 hours. AMAZE-balls
The guy's voice in the video makes me want to take hot coals from the grill and jam them into my ears. Other than that, great recipe (chicken breasts worked just fine and everything else was jus...