Ingredients45 m servings 355 cals
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk whole wheat flax flour, white sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; pour into flour mixture and stir just until batter is combined.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into waffle iron; close lid and bake until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping waffles warm.
- Whisk brown sugar, 3 tablespoons melted butter, hot water, and cinnamon together in a small microwave-safe bowl; cook in the microwave on High until cinnamon drizzle can be poured, about 10 seconds.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, skim milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter together in a small bowl until icing drizzle is smooth and can be poured.
- Place 2 waffles on a plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon drizzle, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons icing drizzle.
- Cook's Note:
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to enough skim milk to make 2 cups as a substitute for buttermilk.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 355 calories; 12.2 g fat; 57.4 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 321 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this recipe before it got published..Here was my review.. My family really enjoyed these. They do taste just like a cinnamon bun!! I ended up having to use about 1/3 more of flour to get ...
Made this for Mothers day brunch and had a happy bunch on my hands. We ate them with whipped cream and fresh fruit & nuts! Oh wow. Doing this again!
Would not make again. Waffles were unacceptable. With icing and brown sugar drizzle. Way to sweet.