Ingredients1 d 3 h 30 m servings 208 cals
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Stir together butter, sugar, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon golden syrup, and molasses in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and oats together in a large bowl. Stir in butter mixture. Add egg, then milk, and stir until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Cover pan tightly with foil or plastic wrap, without letting it touch surface of cake, and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 day and up to 5. Cut into squares and serve.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 6.8 g fat; 35.4 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Parkin is a ginger cake with oats in, this isnt Parkin as there is no ginger........
I learned about Parkin while watching Escape To The Country. It sounded like something we’d like, so when I found this recipe, I had to try it! It’s like a very hearty gingerbread. I followe...
I was really excited to try this recipe because it seemed like a nice baked good to have for breakfast or with tea. I wasn't wowed with the result, though. I really like the flavor of molasses b...