Ingredients45 m servings 190 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup shortening, cream cheese and milk until well blended. Stir in the brown sugar and 1/4 cup of apricot preserves. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; stir into the batter. Mix in the pecans last. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, remaining apricot preserves and 1 tablespoon shortening; mix well. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with coconut if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 10.9 g fat; 22.6 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 5 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
PLEASE READ!! I strongly suggest using 1/2 cup apricot preserves in the batter instead of 1/4 cup. 1/4 cup still works fine for the frosting part though. Also, near the end of her recipe it s...
Another good one from Beth! Being the apricot lover that I am, I had to try these. I'm so glad I did. They are so moist and yummy. I, too, increased the apricot and baked for 12 mins. Of course ...
I made this recipie low sugar by substituting Splenda and Splenda brown sugar and sugar free preserves. Its great with Raspberry, Strawberry, or Lemon Curd. I also used thiny cut slices of fruit...
This, I found as well, has the texture of a biscuit but is still rather moist inside. I don't know how it would taste without the frosting, but I doubt most would care for it if one was looking...
Delicious! I followed the advice of others and used double the amount of jam (peach.) These really are soft. The cream cheese adds a tangy flavor. Yum!
These are awesome cookies, but I also added more preserves. I made a batch with no-sugar-added preserves, Splenda brown sugar blend in the cookies, and Splenda in the frosting...couldn't tell t...
These lasted for only a few minutes! The moment they came out of the oven, everyone around wanted to try them because of the great aroma! They keep really well (DEFINITELY soft and moist), and...
these cookies turned out to be very very soft and crumble upon touch. The icing was very very sweet (powder sugar and apricot jam)...still very good.