Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 642
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Combine 1/4 cup vegetable stock, liquid amino acids, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a cup. Whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon vegetable stock together in a separate cup until smooth.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat; add lima beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir beans until partially warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions and celery, lower heat to medium, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are heated through and coated in oil, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock-liquid amino mixture over bean mixture and turn heat to high. Cover wok and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture into bean mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with brown rice.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use tofu in this recipe, if you'd like. I prefer beans to tofu.
- Chickpeas can be substituted for the lima beans. Canola oil can be substituted for the peanut oil. Soy sauce can be substituted for the liquid aminos.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 642 calories; 12 116.1 20.4 0 2454 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fast, easy & healthy and delicious! I look forward to more recipes from Sadie!