Ingredients55 m servings 519
- Whisk water, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, and black pepper together in a bowl until marinade is smooth. Add chicken and marinate, about 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, and sugar together in a bowl until seasoning mixture is well combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir noodles until golden brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer noodles to a platter.
- Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon into skillet with the oil; cook and stir chicken over high heat until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Add seasoning mixture, celery, carrot, bean sprouts, onion, and green onion; cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Pour chicken mixture over noodles.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use pancit noodles or Cantonese noodles for the chow mein.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 23.3 59.9 19.7 81 703 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I would love to make this recipe, but one thing stops me. The Oyster sauce. I am very allergic to shell fish. Is there another ingredient I can use instead?
I used boiled egg noodles (less greasy). Doubled the marinade and sauce measurements and thickened with cornstarch. My kids and husband loved it and were fighting for leftovers for lunch this mo...
It was bland... I added mushrooms & water chestnuts... still bland.
Pretty good. I’d like to substitute shrimp for the chicken. Portions are a little small for our big family , so I doubled .