Thai Ginger Chicken with Yellow Jasmine Rice
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 552 cals
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions, adding the turmeric to the cooking water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the eggplant, red pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the coconut milk, jalapeno peppers and cilantro into a blender. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir the coconut milk mixture in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken mixture with the rice.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 552 calories; 22.9 g fat; 53 g carbohydrates; 33.9 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 226 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe is very forgiving if you substitute. I added extra veggies [asparagus tips, green onion, baby spinach, matchstick size carrots] and doubled the cilantro and coconut milk (but did no...
I loved this dish. It was packed full of flavor and was not very difficult to make. I did not add eggplant to the dish but other than that did not make an changes. I used a long grain Jasmine...