Spicy Chicken Enchiladas with Red Mole Sauce
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 439
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and sesame seed and cook and stir for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve 1 tablespoon almond mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, chipotle chiles, raisins, salt, black pepper and cinnamon. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the onion mixture into a blender. Add the broth and the remaining almond mixture. Cover and blend until the mole sauce is smooth. Pour the mole sauce into the saucepan and heat over medium heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mole sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the chicken, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup mole sauce in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup mole sauce in the bottom of an 11x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas around the filling. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side down, into the baking dish. Pour the remaining mole sauce over the filled tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the reserved almond mixture. Serve with the sour cream.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 23 42.1 18.2 54 755 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Although the ingredient list sounded rather strange to me, these were actually really good. I can't imagine using 2 cans of chipotle peppers, though. I used half of a can and the amount of kick...
I only added ONE can chipotle peppers in adobo and IT WAS GREAT! I really like spicy and this was spicy enough for me!
Made it as directed but I used only 1 can of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and it was FLAMING HOT! I would make it again using a lot less chipotle peppers. I used regular chicken broth
Made it exactly as stated except for the chicken broth. Used regular chicken broth as the tortilla kind was not available. Amazing! Absolutely stellar, super flavorful without the spice occludin...