Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 319 cals
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the sausage, broth, black pepper, carrots, celery and beans in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beans are tender. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Recipe Tips:
- Time-Saving: You may also cook this recipe on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 15 g fat; 29.8 g carbohydrates; 17.2 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 1550 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Oh, my....this was really delicious. It's definitely a stick-to-your-ribs kinda meal. I made cheese quesadillas to go with it. Also, I halved the recipe since there are only two of us and sti...
It was a little salty for me so I added some more garlic and potatoes to cut the aslty flavor and then I added some flour to thicken the broth into more of a gravy - then it was great!
This was very good and an excellent protein source for our family! It came together very easily! I put all the ingredients together the night before in a crock pot, put it in my fridge, and star...
I made this exactly as written the first time, and it was delicious. A rating of the original recipe, imagine that! The second time I made it I had about an hour before my wife got home from wor...
I didn't have everything so used 1/3 cup each black beans, navy beans and small red beans and used a can of crushed tomatoes instead of sundried, and ground mild italian sausage. Added a chopped...
We don't eat sausage so I left it out and added tomato sauce and a green bell pepper. This is a complete meal itself and super easy to make, not to mention the house smells amazing when you come...