Pork Chile Verde
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 269
- Stir the flour, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the pork and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pork to the saucepan in batches and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the pork from the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining oil in the saucepan. Add the onion, green peppers, poblano chile, jalapeno peppers and oregano and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir the broth, green chiles and cilantro in the saucepan. Return the pork to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour or until the pork is fork-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with the sour cream and additional fresh cilantro.
- Recipe Tips:
- Serving Suggestion: This pork dish is delicious served over hot cooked yellow or red rice.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 16.2 9.4 21.5 62 888 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Love this recipe!!! My family is always excited when the tortillas come out and this dish is on the table. Followed directions and it turns out perfect. I do substitute brown rice flour for whit...
This was delicious! I didn't have the Swanson's Mexican broth but used low sodium Chicken broth and added some of my homemade Mexican seasoning. It wasn't too spicy in fact hubby wanted it spic...
This pork chile verde recipe is absolutely delicious! I am familiar with the dish, but I was concerned with the jalapenos peppers this recipe calls for making it too spicy. No worries needed, th...
I have actually made it 3 times now. My hubby brags about how "I" make it because this recipe is solo good. Delicious recipe! I always add extra peppers because we like a lot of heat. Have skip...
I failed to use green peppers, but wow! My husband's response - "Oh my gosh!" We both couldn't believe the delicious flavor and little kick it had. Spicy foods are preferable for me - yet he enj...
Really good! Next time I'll double it because this realistically made 3 servings. Served it in a bowl with corn tortillas on the side topped with a little sour cream and salsa. Used low sodiu...
So so yummy. I had to substitute an Anaheim pepper for poblano peppers and added 2 tomatillos and it was spectacular. I will most definitely be making this again with my substitutions.
Wow, super delicious. I skipped the jalapeños and used plain chicken broth. It was not too spicy at all and full of flavor. I thought it was a little thick and I had to add more water during co...