Chilapachole (Spicy Tomato Crab Soup)
Ingredients40 m servings 122
- Place the onion, tomato, red pepper and chili peppers into a large bowl. Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove and reserve the chili peppers from the skillet.
- Remove the remaining vegetables to a blender. Add the broth and parsley. Cover and blend for 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Pour the vegetable mixture into a 2-quart saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir in the crabmeat and cook for 2 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Mince the reserved chili peppers. Sprinkle the soup with the chili peppers and serve with the lime wedges.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 122 calories; 5.3 11.7 9.5 29 422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Delicious and spicy. This recipe is perfect. Thank you for sharing.
Yum! This is a great warming soup! I used seafood stock in place of chicken broth and added the juice of 1 lime to the stock. I also doubled the vegetables to add extra thickness. Delicious!
I really like this soup. At first it seemed a bit too watery and thought I needed some heavy cream or some sort of thickener. it thickened up a bit as soon as I transferred it back to the pan. I...
I made this recipe and I really loved it, is very easy to prepare the flavor of the crab is amazing, the combination of vegetable broth , tomatoes , serrano and bell peppers is just perfect, for...