Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 92 cals
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Beat eggs together in a bowl until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar to eggs while continually beating. Pour oil into egg-sugar mixture and beat until smooth. Mix gluten-free all-purpose flour mix, rice-based flour mix, baking soda, and xanthan gum together in a separate bowl; gradually stir into egg-sugar mixture until dough is well-mixed and sticky. Fold almonds into the dough.
- Turn dough onto the prepared baking sheet and form into 2 loaves, 1/2-inch thick and 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool loaves on the baking sheet for 2 minutes; slice into 1/2-inch slices. Lay slices, cut-side down, on baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use half Bob's Red Mill® and another rice-based flour mix. Bob's Red Mill® is a bean-based flour and I like the texture it gives the biscotti. If your flour mix already has xanthan gum added, you can omit. It needs to have a total of 2 teaspoons xanthan gum per 3 cups of flour. I add 1 teaspoon because my rice mix contains xanthan gum, but the Bob's Red Mill® doesn't.
- Vanilla extract or almond extract can be used in place of the anise seed, if desired.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 5 g fat; 11 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These are a nice cookie. I used a homemade version of Bob's Red Mill flour adding a bit of bean flour and regretted it. There seemed to be a bean taste to the end product, so next time I'll leav...