Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 m servings 288
Original recipe yields 14 servings
- Put enough shortening in a deep skillet to fill about 1 1/2 inches and heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix milk, eggs, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; slowly add flour, while continually mixing, until batter is smooth. Transfer batter to a squeeze bottle or funnel. Working quickly, squeeze or funnel batter into the hot oil, starting in the center of the skillet and moving bottle or funnel in a spiral shape.
- Fry funnel cake in the hot oil until lightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer funnel cakes to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Cook's Note:
- I have found that Crisco® gives the best taste as far as oil is concerned. You are welcome to try any oil you like tell me how it turns out.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 16.7 29.5 5.3 43 183 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1