Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 551 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Cook and stir flaked coconut in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden and toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; add flour, baking powder, and toasted coconut and mix well.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy; continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks. Carefully mix egg whites into flour mixture; pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake is clean, about 30 minutes. Remove cake from pan and completely on a wire rack.
- Place apricot jam in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat until easily spreadable, 15 to 20 seconds. Spread jam onto the cooled cake and top with apricot halves.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Crush 15 almond coconut candies in a bowl using a fork; fold into the whipped cream. Spread whipped cream mixture onto cake. Cut remaining 5 candies in half and arrange on the cake.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 551 calories; 39.7 g fat; 42.8 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 167 mg cholesterol; 294 mg sodium. Full nutrition