Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 225 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until mixed. Slowly add the milk, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook until white sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, eggs, mayonnaise, and onion in a baking dish; cover with white sauce and stir to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top and bake until set, about 15 minutes more.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 20.1 g fat; 6.4 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 69 mg cholesterol; 227 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 26
I used fresh broccoli and halved the recipe for one person. Delicious!
Saute the onion in the butter before you make the roux. Cut down the flour to two tablespoons, then follow as directed except add 1/2 c shredded cheese to the mixture. Sprinkle another 1/2 c on ...
Pretty good. I added extra onion but should have added even more. Don't leave out the salt!
I used Harvarti Creamy cheese and added a few chopped garlics and caramelized it with onions when I heated up the butter. I added chopped ham. This came out OUTSTANDING! Soooo good!
I love this recipe! Doubled it for company. Added s & p and some fresh garlic. Major yum and well liked. Printed out the recipe for guests
This was a very good broccoli souffle. It's the first time I've ever made one. I found this recipe easy to follow and forgiving of minor mis-steps. Leftovers kept well and reheated in the oven ...