Chef John's "Sunset" Michelada
"This spicy, savory, tangy, amazingly refreshing beer-based cocktail is considered one of the best hot-weather, adult beverages ever. I've heard it described as 'Bloody Mary meets Mimosa,' which makes me never want to go to brunch again, but it's also kind of accurate. You can use tomato juice or make your own using fresh cherry tomatoes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 m servings 244
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Place cherry tomatoes, celery, and red bell pepper into a blender. Pulse a few times to get mixture moving. Blend on high until mixture has liquefied, a few more seconds. Place strainer over a bowl and strain mixture to remove seeds and skins. Push mixture through strainer with a spatula to extract the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flake salt, black pepper, and chili pepper on a small plate. Rub rim of a glass with cut surface of a lime. Invert glass and dip rim into salt mixture.
- Fill glass with ice and add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and soy sauce. Pour in the vegetable juice and juice of 1/2 lime. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way with ice-cold beer. Stir. Top off with more beer. Garnish with lime slice.
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- If not using vegetable juice immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. It may need stirring if it settles.
- The recipe for vegetable juice yields about 3 cups. Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of juice. The actual amount consumed in one drink will vary.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 2.3 45.5 7.1 0 1253 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delish and refreshing. TX Chef John. A bit of work tho. Iam Canadian eh!!! lol... so next time was lazy and for the juice used Motts clamato juice..with the pickled bean juice in it, but any...