Ingredients1 h servings 532 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place squash, cut-side down, in a baking dish; add water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Heat olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is softened and browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Add green bell pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato, chicken stock, black beans, and corn; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Stir chorizo into mixture.
- Flip squash over and fill each half with chorizo mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Zucchini or any other summer squash can be used in place of the patty pan, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 28.7 g fat; 42 g carbohydrates; 27.9 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 997 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Overall a really good one dish meal. I also used zucchini, not patty squash. I don't like food waste, so I took the zucchini that was scraped out and chopped it up and added it back to saute wit...
I made this and we loved it. I removed the zucchini seeds after baking it for 20 minutes, filled it and baked about 15 minutes. Topped with cheese and baked 5 more minutes. We topped ours with...