Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 183
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir about 1 tablespoon sauce into the bowl with the egg until egg is slightly warmed. Slowly pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking until sauce is smooth and thickened. Remove saucepan from heat and freeze sauce, stirring occasionally, until completely chilled, about 15 minutes.
- Mix bananas, cream cheese, and pineapple together in a bowl. Add sauce and mix until evenly coated.
- Cook's Note:
- It is best not to cut the bananas before you make the sauce, or they brown too easily (a great job for kids in the kitchen, though!).
- You can use the pineapple juice from the pineapple tidbits for the sauce.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 7.2 29.3 2.8 36 62 Full nutrition