Ingredients30 m servings 202
- Combine pork sausage and spicy pork sausage together in a bowl using your hands. Form mixture into meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Fry meatballs in a skillet over medium heat until browned and completely cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Transfer meatballs to a large bowl and add 1/2 of the orange juice concentrate; gently toss to coat, adding more if needed to completely coat.
- Put meatballs in a slow cooker and add the remaining orange juice concentrate; turn on Low setting to keep warm before serving.
- Finely chop 2 tablespoons of fresh mint and blend in when adding the juice concentrate.
- Add 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion. This is also good with the mint.
- If you really like it spicy, add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar depending upon taste, for more of a sweet and sour flavor.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 13.9 8.3 10.6 35 556 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
There is a major problem with this recipe, you just can't stop at eating a couple of these addictive meatballs. I will definitely make these again and per the footnotes add some red pepper flake...
I followed the directions but doubled the recipe. It turned out to taste & smell overwhelmingly like orange juice. So I chose one of the listed optional additions of brown sugar & apple cider vi...