Ingredients45 m servings 319
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Place pie crust on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture into the center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold crust over the edges of the apple mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute pears or peaches for the apples, if desired. Apple pie spice can be substituted for the cinnamon, if desired.
- A 1/2 cup of blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries can also be added.
- If you want extra sparkle, brush the crust with a glaze of 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon water, and then sprinkle a teaspoon sugar over the crust and fruit.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 15.1 44.1 3.1 0 235 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This has become my go-to method for using up fruit of various kinds. We have so much great fruit in our area that it's hard to keep up with it. This is a great option for apples, pears, you name...
This was super easy to prepare, with the added benefit of having a little "wow" factor in presentation. It tasted great, but if you're looking for a gooey pie filling, this is not it. The taste...
I made it with black plums and 1/4 c blueberries. I did not peel the plums but cut them into slices! Yum!
I didn't change anything in this recipe and it came out supper!! It is is easy and quick to make. I will make it again.
Both my husband and I loved it! Followed the recipe exactly. Will definitely make it again.
The recipe worked a treat as it was. I picked this because I had leftover pie dough that wasn't quite enough for a second pie. Otherwise, did everything the same. If I were to make it again, I...
wonderful, lot of calories saved instead of 2 crust pie/ dessert looks good also
Great use of extra fruit... quick and easy... and a little healthier since you only have one crust and not too sweet..