Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 166
Original recipe yields 16 servings (8 wraps)
- Lay 1 sandwich wrap on a work surface. Spread 1 ounce ricotta cheese over the wrap, covering about 2/3 of the surface and leaving 1 end without ricotta. Top ricotta cheese layer with prosciutto. Spread about 1 tablespoon pesto over prosciutto. Carefully roll the wrap around the filling, starting with the covered end. You may need to tug on the ends of the prosciutto to take up slack. The uncovered end of the bread is to account for this. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate wraps until chilled, about 1 hour. Slice wraps into 1/2-inch-thick pieces and lay on a bed of Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I used the classic pesto recipe on Allrecipes, but reduced the olive oil to make it pastier.
- My first try with this was with paper-thin sliced prosciutto, but it's difficult to handle without destroying it. I prepared it with prosciutto sliced at #2 thickness.
- You may roll, then wrap in plastic wrap and allow to chill a bit, which will set up the olive oil, allowing easy slicing.
- Alternate preparation: remove the basil from the pesto recipe, cut the olive oil to ensure it's still pasty. Lay whole basil leaves and spinach leaves alternately on top of the pesto in above prep prior to rolling.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 11.1 9.3 11.2 22 495 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1