Ingredients1 h servings 1132
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; allow steaks to come to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until very hot; lay steaks in pan and cook until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a warm plate; cover and let rest, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in same pan over medium heat; stir in mushrooms and peppers. Season with salt and pepper; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toast buns under the broiler until golden, about 2 minutes. Divide mozzarella cheese over bottom halves of buns; return to broiler until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Slice steak very thinly. Pile steak slices over cheese-topped bun halves; top with mushrooms and peppers. Spread mayonnaise on top halves of buns; place over sandwich.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like spice, add some Sriracha or adobo sauce to your mayo.
- You can use your favourite cheese: mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or Swiss.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 1132 calories; 70.5 74.9 48.5 130 1305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Lovely, easy dinner!!! Make sure to season the steak and serve with pickles and a special coleslaw. Sammy is indeed Scrumptious! :)
this is my fav go to sandwich! it sooooo tweakable (lol, is that a word?). it never turns out the same way twice. sometimes i change up the seasoning on the steak and may season up the mayo with...
Wonderful thanks for the idea. I changed the recipe a bit, add sauted onions red and white, different cheeses etc, It's a recipe you can change to make it your own. Just great.
This was Awesome! I used leftover steak from last night, which i just heated through. I used a red bell pepper from my garden (1st one picked), and added some sliced red onions and garlic to the...