Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 653
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sunflower seeds in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover; soak for about 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 1/2 cans coconut milk, 1/4 cup curry paste, 1/4 cup cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until curry sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and mix pasta into curry sauce; cook and stir over low heat.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, about 2 minutes. Season broccoli with salt and curry powder and transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Drain sunflower seeds and place in a blender with remaining coconut cream, remaining curry paste, remaining cilantro, juice of 1 lime, nutritional yeast, and sugar; blend until thick and smooth.
- Spoon pasta mixture over broccoli. Pour sunflower seed mixture over pasta and stir to coat evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use coconut cream instead of coconut milk (I got mine from Trader Joe's.)
- I used sunflower seeds soaked for about 10 minutes in water, but you can use cashews or peanuts instead.
- You can use any steamed veggies in this. I used a broccoli and cauliflower mix when I made it, but you could do it with kale, too! I just seasoned it with curry powder and salt while I steamed it in the microwave.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 653 calories; 47.3 47.3 18.2 0 613 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is very good. I bet cashews would work here if you are out of sunflower seeds. The lime gives it an edge. I added some extra sunflower seeds before popping it in the oven for some extra cru...