Ingredients37 m servings 179
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Stir water and flax seed meal together in a bowl; set aside until "flax egg" is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk gluten-free all-purpose flour, pecans, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add flax egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to flour mixture and mix well until batter is smooth. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffin tops are starting to brown, about 17 minutes. Cool muffins in the tin for a few minutes before removing.
- Cook's Notes:
- Gluten-free all-purpose mix can be from a packaged mix, or you can use my suggestion of 1 1/2 cup oat flour from milled oats, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, and 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (or omit if you have none on hand). Mix well and scoop out amount needed for recipe.
- Almond flour can be used in place of the gluten-free all-purpose flour, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 7.9 26.8 2.5 0 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The taste was good, but mine did not rise at all. Did not look like the pic in the least. I followed the directions completely. What did I do wrong?
Definitely will.. Delicious ! Though I would like to know how much is the calorie intake of one of these muffins? It is not written in your recipe along with the nutrients please. Would be gr...