Ingredients37 m servings 179
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 9 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Stir water and flax seed meal together in a bowl; set aside until "flax egg" is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk gluten-free all-purpose flour, pecans, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add flax egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to flour mixture and mix well until batter is smooth. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffin tops are starting to brown, about 17 minutes. Cool muffins in the tin for a few minutes before removing.
- Cook's Notes:
- Gluten-free all-purpose mix can be from a packaged mix, or you can use my suggestion of 1 1/2 cup oat flour from milled oats, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, and 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (or omit if you have none on hand). Mix well and scoop out amount needed for recipe.
- Almond flour can be used in place of the gluten-free all-purpose flour, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 179 calories; 7.9 26.8 2.5 0 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Really like recipe. First time I made muffins they were a little dry. So the second time I made, I added more coconut oil, a banana and carob chips. The muffin was absolutely delicious. My new b...
Definitely will.. Delicious ! Though I would like to know how much is the calorie intake of one of these muffins? It is not written in your recipe along with the nutrients please. Would be gr...
The taste was good, but mine did not rise at all. Did not look like the pic in the least. I followed the directions completely. What did I do wrong?