"Italian-style coffee-flavored gelato. True gelato does not contain eggs and it will melt fairly quickly when removed from the cold. On the plus side, it's far lower in cholesterol than ice cream. It is recommended to eat when ready, but you can store for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the freezer."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 284 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Mix milk, cream, and sugar together in a large bowl. Refrigerate to let sugar dissolve.
- Brew the coffee grounds with water in a coffee maker or French press. Refrigerate coffee until completely cooled, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat milk mixture using an electric mixture until slightly thickened to the consistency of buttermilk. Stir coffee into milk mixture.
- Transfer milk-coffee mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a thicker gelato, use heavy whipping cream instead of light cream. For a lower fat gelato, use whole milk instead of the cream, for a total of 3 cups milk.
- You can also use instant coffee, just make sure you properly get 1 cup.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, place it in the freezer occasionally stirring well.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 13.6 g fat; 38.5 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 51 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1