Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 284
- Mix milk, cream, and sugar together in a large bowl. Refrigerate to let sugar dissolve.
- Brew the coffee grounds with water in a coffee maker or French press. Refrigerate coffee until completely cooled, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat milk mixture using an electric mixture until slightly thickened to the consistency of buttermilk. Stir coffee into milk mixture.
- Transfer milk-coffee mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a thicker gelato, use heavy whipping cream instead of light cream. For a lower fat gelato, use whole milk instead of the cream, for a total of 3 cups milk.
- You can also use instant coffee, just make sure you properly get 1 cup.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, place it in the freezer occasionally stirring well.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 13.6 38.5 3.6 46 51 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I used a pint of heavy cream and a can of evaporated milk instead of whole milk. Mixed for 20 minutes. Turned out great!!
Very easy and very delicious. I would include a picture but it was too quickly devoured!
We love this simple recipe. It was delish! New go to favorite.