Popeye Power Burger
"This is a healthy power burger for those that are working out/training and want to eat a great tasting burger and still feel good about it. This will help jump start your metabolism and feed your body the essential carbohydrates and protein it needs. Serve with a nice crisp salad or other healthy side found right here on this site!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 614
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl until uniform in color; add ground beef, oats, onion, spinach, cheese, salt, and ground black pepper and mix with your hands until well blended. Form the beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill patties until bottoms are brown, about 5 minutes; flip and continue grilling until brown, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into middle of burgers should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Transfer burgers to whole-grain buns.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I often add Worcestershire sauce to add a little zip.
- A little hot sauce is something else you can add for a bit of a kick.
- For an even healthier variation; use a hearty lettuce leaf in place of a bun.
Per Serving: 614 calories; 31.5 39.8 44.4 149 746 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are great.. Especially when I'm leaning out. I prepped them for the week and had them with cucumber salad and sweet potato chips. No bun. I shared this recipe with my personal training cl...