Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 503 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a deep 4-quart baking dish.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir eggs into butter mixture until smooth; stir in grated apple.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and salt together. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture; spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 cup sugar, remaining 1/2 cup butter, and milk in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is melted, about 10 minutes; stir in rum and remaining pinch nutmeg just before serving. Serve sauce over pudding.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sauce ingredients. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 24.9 g fat; 67.5 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 365 mg sodium. Full nutrition