Homemade Reese's® Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 653
Original recipe yields 10 servings (5 cups)
- Beat 1/2 cup peanut butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and milk together in a bowl until smooth; cover and place in refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching; stir in butter until smooth. Set chocolate mixture aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chocolate mixture into peanut butter mixture; cover and place in refrigerator.
- Beat remaining 1 cup peanut butter and white sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth; beat in cream until well combined. Stir vanilla extract into cream mixture; cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Place cream mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker; churn until soft-set and creamy, about 15 minutes. Chop chocolate mixture into pieces; mix about 1 cup chocolate mixture into ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining pieces of chocolate mixture over ice cream to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 cup whole milk plus 2 cups heavy whipping cream for the 3 cups heavy whipping cream for a lighter ice cream.
- For a firm ice cream, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
Per Serving: 653 calories; 53.6 39.3 11.9 101 217 Full nutrition