Fresh Turmeric Paste
Ingredients30 m servings 21
- Combine coconut oil, turmeric root, ginger root, and black pepper in a saucepan; add 1/2 of the water. Cook and stir mixture over medium until small bubbles form around the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring continually and adding small amounts of the remaining water, until mixture forms a paste, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer paste to a glass container and cool to room temperature. Cover container tightly with a lid and refrigerate.
- Cook's Notes:
- Turmeric can stain any utensil, working area, or skin.
- I freeze this mixture in small ice cube trays to have single portions ready for use. It keeps in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Pregnant or nursing women, young children or diabetics should consult their physician before consuming turmeric.
Per Serving: 21 calories; 2.3 0.4 0 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Use in fresh in soups, sautès, and even on sandwiches. Add to any dish where you want some added flavor. Also, for convenience, freeze in ice trays to be used later. I hope you enjoy it.
Turned into a brown gloppy mess. I had to pitch it. I will try another recipe using powder.