Ingredients30 m servings 1192
- Mix sour cream, ranch dressing, and taco sauce together in a bowl until Southwest sauce is smooth. Cover bowl and refrigerate for flavors to blend.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook hamburger patties in the preheated grill for 5 minutes, seasoning with Worcestershire sauce. Flip patties. Arrange tortillas on the grill and lower heat to medium-low under tortillas. Add Cheddar cheese and Colby-Jack cheese to tortillas; cook until cheeses melt, 2 to 4 minutes. Continue cooking hamburger patties until cooked through, about 5 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Spread Southwest sauce onto 1/2 of the tortillas; top with lettuce and picante sauce. Place 1 hamburger patty on top of picante sauce layer and top patty with a tortilla, creating a sandwich.
- Cook's Note:
- The Southwest sauce makes an excellent salad dressing too!
Per Serving: 1192 calories; 77 63 61 217 1810 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Love the flavor of this recipe. The only advice I would give is to get the smallest tortillas you can find, otherwise the burger gets kind of lost in it. I think we used 8 inch ones -- if I can'...
Hubby loved this, "Better than a big bun." I did the tortillas in a cast iron pan on the stove, melted the cheese etc...., placed the hamburger patty on one quarter, loaded it up and folded ...
These burgers were bomb! I loved the southwest sauce, we even made extra for our onion rings and fries.
Outstanding recipe. Thank you for sharing and for the helpful reviews. I made it indoors without a grill but otherwise as is. My sirloin burgers I rubbed with olive oil and sea salt & pepper. I ...
Love them at restaurants and loved them at home! Next time I think I’ll try adding bacon and sautéed onions? I know, it takes away from the Quesadilla idea, but it sounds good.
A very nice twist on hamburgers! Take the advice of others and use smaller sized tortillas.
Four Stars for the sauce and overall taste of the dish. The overall concern is how do you make this so the sauce and burger don't slide out, and if you use the large tortillas, they are too la...