Ingredients30 m servings 1192 cals
- Mix sour cream, ranch dressing, and taco sauce together in a bowl until Southwest sauce is smooth. Cover bowl and refrigerate for flavors to blend.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook hamburger patties in the preheated grill for 5 minutes, seasoning with Worcestershire sauce. Flip patties. Arrange tortillas on the grill and lower heat to medium-low under tortillas. Add Cheddar cheese and Colby-Jack cheese to tortillas; cook until cheeses melt, 2 to 4 minutes. Continue cooking hamburger patties until cooked through, about 5 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Spread Southwest sauce onto 1/2 of the tortillas; top with lettuce and picante sauce. Place 1 hamburger patty on top of picante sauce layer and top patty with a tortilla, creating a sandwich.
- Cook's Note:
- The Southwest sauce makes an excellent salad dressing too!
Per Serving: 1192 calories; 77 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 61 g protein; 217 mg cholesterol; 1810 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Love the flavor of this recipe. The only advice I would give is to get the smallest tortillas you can find, otherwise the burger gets kind of lost in it. I think we used 8 inch ones -- if I can'...
Hubby loved this, "Better than a big bun." I did the tortillas in a cast iron pan on the stove, melted the cheese etc...., placed the hamburger patty on one quarter, loaded it up and folded ...
These burgers were bomb! I loved the southwest sauce, we even made extra for our onion rings and fries.
Outstanding recipe. Thank you for sharing and for the helpful reviews. I made it indoors without a grill but otherwise as is. My sirloin burgers I rubbed with olive oil and sea salt & pepper. I ...