Baked Raspberry Custard
Sweet Pickles Mom
Ingredients1 h servings 291
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a deep-dish pie pan.
- Spread raspberries into the prepared pan and top with 1/4 cup white sugar.
- Blend milk, eggs, 1 1/4 cups white sugar, flour, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a blender until smooth and creamy; slowly pour over raspberries. Sprinkle coarse sugar over the floating raspberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is raised in the middle and top is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Custard baking times can be variable with each oven. Don't undercook, be sure the middle has risen and will spring back.
- With "convection" you have an improved browning affect to the top of the custard.
- If the dessert is not browned enough, place under the broiler for a few minutes to further brown the top to a golden brown.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 7.4 50.7 6.6 123 153 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
this is great dish to make for company, just pop it in the oven while eating dinner, then clear the dishes and serve it up !
This did not turn out for me. The edges were thick and very solid, not at all the texture of baked custard. I gave it three stars because I think the thought is innovative and could be good with...