Baked Raspberry Custard
Sweet Pickles Mom
"This is a absolutely wonderful, yet easy-to-make dessert which can be simple or elegant. It consists of a 'no fail' baked custard filling with fresh raspberries. The custard is mildly sweet and the fresh raspberries add a fresh tartness to the flavor. This dessert will impress anyone and trust me, everyone will ask for the recipe. Serve plain as a 'simple' dessert or add to the elegance by adding a dollop of creme fresh with a fresh raspberry to really give a nice presentation. Add a little mint leaf on the side, this will impress everyone. Serve warm or allow to cool for a firmer consistency."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 291 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a deep-dish pie pan.
- Spread raspberries into the prepared pan and top with 1/4 cup white sugar.
- Blend milk, eggs, 1 1/4 cups white sugar, flour, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and salt together in a blender until smooth and creamy; slowly pour over raspberries. Sprinkle coarse sugar over the floating raspberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is raised in the middle and top is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Custard baking times can be variable with each oven. Don't undercook, be sure the middle has risen and will spring back.
- With "convection" you have an improved browning affect to the top of the custard.
- If the dessert is not browned enough, place under the broiler for a few minutes to further brown the top to a golden brown.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 7.4 g fat; 50.7 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 123 mg cholesterol; 153 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1