Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 220 cals
- Wrap tofu in a clean dish towel and weight it with something heavy such as a large can; leave it to drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut each piece of tofu crosswise into 6 thick slices and put it all in a baking dish. Pour marinade over tofu, turning to coat, and chill, covered, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes or up to 48 hours. Longer is better, but shorter is totally fine.
- Preheat a gas grill on high heat (450 degrees F to 650 degrees F) 10 minutes, then reduce heat to medium (325 degrees F to 375 degrees F)--or do whatever the equivalent is if you're using charcoal. Oil grate.
- Transfer tofu from marinade (letting excess drip off and reserving marinade) to grill with a spatula. Cover grill and cook tofu, turning once, until well browned but before grill marks get black, 10 to 15 minutes total. Transfer tofu to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a saucepan and boil until it reduces to about 1 cup, about 2 minutes. Pour over tofu and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 18.3 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 11.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 880 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love this recipe. I added 1 tablespoon of dales for an extra kick, and it seemed to work out well.
Perfect Grilled Tofu Haiku: "Halved the recipe, didn't boil and use 'sauce'. Just marinated." I followed half the recipe's ingredients for 1 block of well-drained tofu, marinated it for 4 hrs. a...