Ingredients45 m servings 139 cals
- Place zucchini into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove zucchini from water and cut in half lengthwise; cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Scoop the flesh from each zucchini half, leaving a narrow margin of flesh on the skin to form a shell. Invert each shell (or "slipper") onto a paper towel to drain, reserving scooped flesh.
- Chop scooped zucchini flesh and mix with cottage cheese, Colby cheese, red bell pepper, egg, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until filling is evenly mixed. Spoon filling into the "slippers". Arrange "slippers" on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Turn oven's broiler on and broil until cheese is browned if desired, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Cook's Note:
- Zucchini can be steamed for 10 minutes instead of boiled, if desired.
Per Serving: 139 calories; 8.2 g fat; 7.6 g carbohydrates; 10.3 g protein; 52 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were fun to make and I really enjoyed the addition of cottage cheese. My filling did turn out a little watery so I had to add some breadcrumb to make sure it stayed in the slipper while ba...
I used Parmesan instead of Colby (not a fan of orange cheese) and dried parsley instead of fresh because I didn't have fresh. This may have been why I didn't have the "slippage" problem others ...
We love stuffed zucchini so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. After reading a couple reviews and the recipe I agreed that this would need breadcrumbs so I added 1/4 cup. Also added 1 min...