Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 330 cals
- Combine ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, strawberry jelly, horseradish, tomato paste, butter, oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and paprika together in a saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until marinade is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place pork chops in a bowl; add marinade. Marinate pork chops in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove pork chops from marinade, reserving the extra marinade.
- Light charcoals in the grill and add several bags of fall leaves throughout getting the coals ready for grilling.
- Place pork chops on the grill when the coals are about halfway ashed over. Baste pork chops with marinade and flip pork chops. Cover grill with lid so smoke from the leaves can permeate the pork chops. Cook until pork is slightly pink in the center, 20 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- The leaves lend a great flavor to the pork chops and help get rid of the piles of leaves in your yard! For extra good outdoors-y flavor, add a cedar branch or two to the fire.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 11.9 g fat; 41 g carbohydrates; 16.9 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 3137 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made this for Dinner last night. I did not have the Horseradish but decided to go ahead with it and my family loved it.. I also did not add leaves to my grill as i just used charcoal .. Thank...
We really liked this recipe. I didn't notice the bit about the autumn leaves until just before I was getting ready to grill the chops, so I held off while I soaked some hickory chips for my gri...