Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 151
Original recipe yields 18 servings (36 crawlers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Roll pie dough onto a work surface and cut each circle into 16 wedges. Lightly spread butter onto each piece of dough stopping about 1/2 inch from the edge. Place 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon miniature chocolate chips on the buttered portion of the dough pieces.
- Lightly moisten the point of each wedge with water and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Roll each wedge from the outside toward the point, creating a croissant-shape; pinch edges closed.
- Beat egg white in a bowl, adding enough food coloring to reach desired color. Dip the top of each croissant-shaped dough in egg white mixture and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each with cinnamon-sugar and top with sprinkles. Place 2 miniature chocolate chips on 1 end of each for the "eyes".
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I've only tried with cinnamon and sugar so far- next try will be adding peanut butter instead of butter to the chocolate and skipping the cinnamon. The possibilities are endless!
- Red hots can be used in place of the miniature chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 9.7 15.1 1.8 2 121 Full nutrition