Ingredients35 m servings 207 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a fork, your hands, or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix buttermilk into flour mixture until dough starts to stick together.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface and shape into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. Cut dough into 4 wedges and then into 8 wedges using a sharp knife. Arrange wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscones are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Whole wheat flour can be used in place of the all-purpose.
- This recipe has unlimited possibilities - you can add spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. You can add 3/4 cup of any small or cut-up fruit or berry. You can add 3/4 cup of just about any chopped nut. You can add both nuts and fruit, chocolate chips, cinnamon chips - whatever you want!
- Replace with the butter with any desired fat, such as margarine, coconut oil, or a combination of fats.
- Buttermilk can be replaced with almond milk, cream, or any type of liquid.
- You can even leave the sugar at 1 tablespoon and make it savory with garlic and herbs! Plus, you can sprinkle the top with spices, sugar, or any combination - use your imagination!
Per Serving: 207 calories; 9.1 g fat; 27.2 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 475 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Because of footnotes about changing, I altered this for family preferences. I used equal amounts of gluten free and rice flours, honey instead of sugar, oil instead of butter and soy milk. Thes...
pretty much not at all what I was hoping for, dry, crumbly, made it twice, second time added nuts and more butter and honey and cinnamon, made it much better. It has the flavor of plain pie crus...