Rave Stuffed Eggplant
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe is desirable because it is quickly put together and only requires ingredients that the average pantry has on hand. It contains no meat and has mouth-watering flavor because of a surprise ingredient, croutons. Because of the wonderful variety of croutons available, the recipe can vary in flavor. Choose your favorite! This can be a main course or a side dish. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 411
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop flesh out of eggplants and chop the flesh, reserving the skins.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chopped eggplant; cook and stir until eggplant is softened, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir crushed croutons into eggplant mixture until evenly combined. Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, Parmesan-Romano cheese, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Place eggplant skins in a shallow baking dish and fill each with eggplant mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each stuffed eggplant. Pour enough hot water into baking dish to reach 1/8-inch up sides of eggplant.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and stuffing is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 32.7 24 9.7 14 314 Full nutrition