Ingredients3 h 43 m servings 530
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Place lamb chops on a work surface; press seasoning onto both sides of lamb chops.
- Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Brown lamb well on both sides, 3 or 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from pan; reduce heat to low. Add vinegar, sugar, and anchovies. Cook and stir, breaking up anchovies. Turn up heat to medium and continue stirring until mixture reduces to the consistency of syrup, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth. Raise heat to high. Add rosemary and cinnamon; bring to a simmer. Transfer browned lamb chops to pan and place radishes among the chops. Cover.
- Place skillet in preheated oven. Roast slowly for 1 1/2 hours; turn chops. Continue roasting until meat is just tender and is beginning to separate from the bone, about 1 1/2 additional hours. Turn chops again.
- Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Remove cover from skillet. Roast until meat is falling off the bone and fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove skillet from oven.
- Transfer lamb and radishes to serving platter. Place pan on stove over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a simmer until it is slightly reduced and thickened, skimming off surface fat. Remove from heat. Add sliced mint and butter. Keep stirring until butter melts. Spoon sauce over lamb and radishes.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 36.2 9.1 39.4 158 1759 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This recipe was amazing! My fiancé exclaimed “It’s so umami!” and devoured his shoulder chop, and even though I don’t usually like lamb too much I really loved this. I made only very slight vari...
This is amazing. I used regular radishes because they were in the fridge, and red wine vinegar in place of sherry vinegar. Served it with Chef John's Brussels sprouts and they were a perfect c...
Was very tender, but REALLY rich and fat. I would almost freeze the sauce to get rid of more fat. First time I enjoyed radishes!
I would give this a 10! I followed this recipe to the letter and my family didn't leave a schmekle! Thank you!!
This was as fabulous as everyone said it would be - I’ll definitely make it again! The only change, and I think someone else mentioned this, was the amount of fat that came off the lamb chops. ...
This is really more like 4.5 stars. I used 2+ lbs of pork, and used apple cider vinegar, not having sherry vinegar on hand. Also did not have anchovies, and I used regular radishes. While the...