Chicken Alfredo Quinoa Casserole
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 679
- Heat sunflower oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add quinoa and chicken bouillon; cook, stirring frequently, until quinoa is toasted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour water over quinoa mixture and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir thyme and parsley into quinoa mixture and simmer until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread quinoa mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle chicken over quinoa. Spoon Alfredo sauce and cream of chicken soup over chicken layer; top with butter pieces. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend over entire mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir mixture and flatten with the back of spoon or spatula; top with pita chips and remaining 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Cool casserole for 5 minutes; top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you're not a fan of quinoa try orzo another small pasta. Sunflower oil can easily be substituted with olive or vegetable oil.
- Try garlic-herb pita chips for something different.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 679 calories; 44.4 46.7 23.3 76 1319 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't use the pita chips and I didn't toast the quinoa. My husband loved it "as is" but I sprinkled Cajun seasoning on mine for a little kick. I'm glad I did...
I really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe exactly. The only difference is that I didn't have a jar of alfredo sauce so I made my own. It did make a lot so I had a lot of leftovers. I cou...
Overall not bad. Cut Quinoa in half, doubled chicken. Needs some spice.
We made this according to the recipe. If you love fettuccine Alfredo, but you are sick of fettuccine Alfredo, this is a great recipe to try. It makes a lot, though. We enjoyed it, and will be in...