Roasted Beet, Goat Cheese and Fennel Salad
Ingredientsservings 213 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Lemon Vinaigrette; cover and set aside.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, shallot, mustard, lemon zest, and honey. In a steady stream, slowly whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil. Makes 2/3 cup.
- Scrub beets. Wrap each beet in Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until a knife can be easily inserted into beets. Cool 20 minutes or until able to handle. Remove and discard foil. Trim off stem and root ends of roasted beets. Peel and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine beets, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- In another medium bowl combine fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Line 8 salad plates with lettuce. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Layer with beets, walnuts, fennel, goat cheese, and chives.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 16 g fat; 13.7 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 324 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was so good! The flavors blended really well. It was a great way to use the beets from my CSA, and I'll definitely make it again!
Made this salad yesterday and took to a dinner party everyone loved it, i didn't change a thing in the recipe made it as stated. This salad is a must try