Coq Au Vin Broth Fondue
Ingredients25 m servings 115 cals
- Heat vegetable stock in a saucepan over medium heat or a fondue pot until simmering; add red wine, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Simmer until broth is aromatic, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you're using an electric fondue pot, heat the vegetable stock on medium in Step 1. If you're using a fondue pot that requires a Sterno® fuel source, partially cover the sterno can so that the fondue doesn't get too hot too quickly.
- While your fondue is simmering, prepare your dippers. Cut vegetables, potatoes, meats, and any other dippers into bite-size pieces.
- Place your dippers in the fondue pot using skewers. If you use shrimp or other seafood, it will cook quite rapidly (i.e. 1 to 2 minutes) whereas chicken and steak will take a little longer. We like to just put the vegetables into the broth and fish them out when they're tender.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 1 g fat; 12.9 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 811 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Better than the chain restaurant! I sautéed onions & garlic with a small amount of butter before adding the rest of the ingredients to the pot, and turned out amazing!
Very good broth..even though we were missing the mushroom because someone forgot to buy it. I definitely would recommend this broth when you make Fondue. Easy and flavorful.
I made it for one of our fondue dinners. It was amazing and cooked a variety of meats and veggies with amazing flavor. My four year old loved the shrimp cooked this way he asked for it again two...
Decided to make this for a very special Valentines Day fondue dinner and it was delicious! I made this exactly as instructed and then dipped slices of a prime filet and some medium sized shrimps...
The kids proclaimed the meat cooked in this broth to be the best they have ever eaten! And it was very easy.
This had great flavor. We left out the mushrooms as too many were not a fan. We cooked steak, asparagus, cauliflower, fingerling potatoes and broccoli. Will make this again.
Family loved this even more than our tradition oil fondue! Will make again for sure!