Ingredients45 m servings 509
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken through flour until evenly coated, shaking excess flour back into bowl. Reserve remaining flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Add mushrooms, carrots, cooking wine, bacon, chicken broth, garlic, shallot, parsley, thyme, marjoram, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and carrots are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Mix butter and 2 tablespoons reserved flour together in a bowl until smooth; stir into chicken mixture until sauce becomes thick, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of flour for breading. The actual amount of flour consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 509 calories; 19.3 36.2 31.4 84 410 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Easy, delicious and true to the French taste profile. I will be sure to make it again.
We used turkey sausage instead of bacon, and left out the flour, but it was quick and easy and tasted very good.
My mom has finally slowed down to where she's sitting in the living room waiting for dinner rather than hovering around the stove. (she's 90) Since she does volunteer work on Monday, I thought ...