Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 569
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pot over medium heat. Add chicken thighs, Italian seasoning, and garlic; cook until chicken is browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Mix mushrooms and tomato into chicken mixture; reduce heat, cover pot, and cook until mushrooms are softened, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Drain accumulated juices from chicken-mushroom-tomato mixture into a separate saucepan and transfer chicken-mushroom-tomato mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Pour wine into saucepan with juices and bring to a boil. Add cream and Gruyere cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved; mix into cream sauce until smooth and thickened. Pour sauce over chicken-vegetable mixture; top with onion.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 569 calories; 46.9 12 24.8 162 122 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was wonderful. Next time I will make it for guests. Just a few subs. I used Riesling, a slightly sweeter wine. I love using Marsala which is also sweet but I like the pale color sauce. I...