Mashed Potatoes from LACTAID®
made it | 0 reviews |
"Serve these creamy mashed potatoes with chives as is, or add any or your favorite toppings--the possibilities are almost endless!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 253 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water (optional: for added flavor, swap out part of water with broth, or add a spoonful of bouillon concentrated paste, such as Better Than Bouillon(R)). Add salt, bring to a boil, and cook just until the potatoes fall off a fork when pierced, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Mix in the butter, yogurt (optional), warmed LACTAID(R) milk and chives to blend. Add a tablespoon or 2 extra LACTAID if necessary to obtain desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add suggested topping if desired (see footnotes).
- Suggested Toppings:
- Chopped Brussels Sprouts, tossed with olive oil and fish sauce and roasted until crisp.
- Crispy sautéed pancetta, baby peas and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Rotisserie chicken, a drizzle of barbecue sauce and chopped pickles.
- Grocery store package of slaw and frozen fish sticks.
- Chopped crispy bacon and a little shredded Swiss cheese (low-lactose), and stick under the broiler to gratinee.
- Add a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce or harissa into the mashed potatoes when making the recipe, and top with pork carnitas or rotisserie chicken and chopped tomatoes.
- Top with sauerkraut, bratwurst and a drizzle of spicy mustard.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 7.5 g fat; 41.1 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium. Full nutrition