Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 10 m servings 221
Original recipe yields 3 servings (18 ounces)
- Put almonds in a bowl and pour enough water into bowl to cover almonds; soak for 8 hours to overnight.
- Pour soaking water out of bowl and combine almonds, 8 ounces water, and dates in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Add remaining 8 ounces water and blend for 30 seconds more.
- Pour mixture through a nut milk bag into a large bowl, massaging the bag until all the liquid is through.
- Spread remaining almond meal in the nut milk bag onto sheet on dehydrator tray to dry, grind in coffee grinder, and use as almond meal.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cost Savings: Store Bought Almond Milk: The least expensive almond milk we can find is a 32 ounce of natural (although contains ingredients that we don't have in our kitchen) almond milk for $2 ($.06 per ounce). Cost for 18 Ounces: $1.13 Home Made Raw Almond Milk: The least expensive raw almonds we can find is $4.39 per pound ($0.30 per ounce). 3/4 cup is about 3.915 ounces. Almond cost: $1.18 PLUS you'll yield about 1.15 ounces almond flour. A bag of Bob's Red Mill® almond meal is about $0.58 per ounce. Value of Almond Flour: $0.67. Net Cost: $0.52! In addition to saving money, you can control the sweetener, ingredients, whether or not you use organic, and it is sprouted and awakening the enzymes in the almonds, making them more nutritious, easier to digest, and tastier.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 18 11.2 7.7 0 5 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
TRY THIS RECIPE! Simple and easy to make, all natural and delicious. I've been making my own almond milk for a few months thanks to another recipe on this website yet I wanted to try this becaus...