Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 182
- Over medium-high heat, bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add chicken, celery, a slice of the onion, and garlic. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 hour.
- Chop remaining onion and set aside.
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Drain chicken, discarding boiled vegetables. Chop chicken when cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the apple, onion, pickles, almond and salt, if desired. Add black and red pepper to taste. Stir in enough mayonnaise until the mixture sticks together well.
- Cover a serving dish with lettuce leaves. Mound the chicken salad in the middle, and sprinkle with additional almonds, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 11.2 7.9 12.8 97 127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I used dill pickles instead of sweet and grapes instead of apples. The crushed red pepper is a key ingredient, very faint taste, but a great addition. I also found that one onion is a little too...
i made this for a baby shower and it went over quite well. the only thing i changed was adding a bit more mayonnaise, as i like my chicken salad a bit more moist. i also added a little extra alm...
yummy apples in a chicken salad with sweet pickles , what a combo
I used equal amounts chopped garlic dills in this recipe instead of sweet pickles. I did add a little onion powder, garlic powder and some fresh ground pepper. After mixing up the salad with the...