Zesty Pantry Potato Stew
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 132
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- In a large bowl toss together carrots, TVP, rice and onion. Transfer to a deep, round casserole dish. Press mixture down evenly. Layer potatoes on top of carrot mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine salsa, sherry, salad dressing, water and cornstarch. Slowly pour over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly before serving.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 3.4 16.3 10 6 494 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I tried this recipe yesterday. This did not turn out well at all, it may have been because I left out the TVP (I have a friend who won't eat soy). The carrots were only half cooked, but this wa...
I cooked it an hour and a half at 350 and it did just fine. A tasty meatless meal. I'll make it again!
My husband liked this alot but it was a little to bitey for my kids.
We found it to be quite dry. We had to fix it up with more salsa and sour cream.