Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 339
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Wash quail and rub the inside cavities with salt and 1 teaspoon of orange zest.
- In a medium saucepan bring vegetable broth and rice to a boil. Add the bay leaf and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent; add celery and sage and saute 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the egg white, remaining orange zest, walnuts, black pepper, cooked rice and parsley; mix well. Stuff the cavities of the quail with the rice mixture. Lightly season the skins with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove quail from pan and de glaze with the chicken broth. Strain and ladle over the quail.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 20.3 13.8 25.4 83 273 Full nutrition